Kedgeree with Cod, Tomatoes and Sliced Egg
- 100g basmati rice
- 1/2 tsp mild curry powder
- 1 medium egg
- 150g skinless, boneless cod fillet
- 300ml whole milk or milk alternative
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley or 4 pinches of dried parsley
- Place the rice in a pan with 200ml cold water and the curry powder.
ring to the boil. Cover and simmer over a low heat for 12mins. Drain and set aside. Meanwhile, in a separate pan of boiling water, cook the egg for 8 mins. Drain and let it cool. Peel and finely chop then set aside.
Check the cod for bones. Put in a small pan then add the milk and bring to a simmer,
oach for 3-4 mins until it starts to flake. Drain the milk; discard. Transfer the cod to a bowl. Flake the cod into pieces; mix with tomatoes and parsley. Add to the cooked rice along with the chopped boiled egg, and stir to combine.