Lamb and Spinach Curry
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 600g lamb steaks, cut into chunks
- 1 garilc clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 6 tbsp Balti curry paste (or hotter curry paste if you prefer)
- 75g red split lentils
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 200g baby spinach leaves
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 200g brown rice (omit from 30 day lean - swap for broccoli or cauliflower rice)
- Cook the rice as per the instructions given.
Heat half the oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add half the lamb pieces and fry for 3-4 minutes, turning occasionally until browned and sealed all over. Remove the lamb and set aside. Add the remaining oil and cook the rest of the lamb pieces in the same way and remove from the pan.
Add the onion and and garlic and cook over a medium heat, stirring occasionally for 4 minutes. Stir in the curry paste and cooked for a further 1 minute.
Return the lamb to the pan and stir to coat in the curry paste.
Stir in the chopped tomatoes, 300ml of cold water and the red lentils.
Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for approximately 30 minutes until the lentils are soft and the lamb is tender.
Stir in the spinach and coriander. Cover and cook until the spinach is wilted (approximately 2-3 minutes). Serve with the rice.