Lamb Meatballs and Halloumi Skewers
- 250g lamb mince
- 1/2 garlic clove, grated
- 1 lemon, zested
- Small handful mint leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 red onion, cut into chunks
- 2 salad tomatoes, sliced into thick slices
- 250g halloumi, cut into cubes
- 8 metal or wooden skewers (if using wooden skewers soak in water for 15 minutes before us to prevent them from burning.
For the marinade
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon of chopped rosemary
- To make the meatballs, combine the lamb mince with the garlic, lemon zest, mint, honey, olive oil and a little seasoning. Shape into 16 walnut-sized balls and put in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Thread the onion chunks, meatballs and halloumi cubes onto the skewers.
- Mix together the marinade in a bowl. Brush the marinade over the kebabs. Cook on a barbecue for 4-5 minutes on each side until cooked through and lightly charred.