Leek, Asparagus and Pea Pasta Salad
- 1 small leek, trimmed and sliced
- 6 asparagus tips, chopped into chunks
- A handful of frozen peas (about 60g)
- 1 head of spring greens (about 100g), central vein removed, leaves rolled and finely sliced
- 150g wholemeal pasta (your favourite type)
- 2 tbsps pesto
- 2 teaspoons of basil
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 75g goats cheese, cut into cubes
- Heat some water in a pan and cook the pasta as per the given packet instructions.
When there is approx. 10 minutes left on the pasta cooking time, heat water in a separate pan and add the leek, asparagus and peas. When the water comes back to the boil, add the shredded greens and cook for 1 min.
When finished cooking drain both the pasta and vegetables and add to mixing bowl. Add the pesto, tomatoes, basil and goats cheese and give it a good mix. Season with the salt and black pepper if you desire.
Split the mixture between 2 bowls and enjoy!