Lemon Chicken with Roasted Vegetables
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 lemon, for juice and zest
- 2 Sweet Potatoes, diced (omit from 30 Day Get Lean)
- 1 Red Onion, diced (omit from first part of 30 Day Get Lean)
- 1 Courgette, diced
- 100g Broccoli,
- 50g Button Mushrooms (omit from first part of 30 Day Get Lean)
- 1 Garlic Clove, chopped finely (omit from 30 Day Get Lean)
- Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
Mix the sweet potato and courgette in a splash of olive oil and add to the oven for 15 - 20 minutes.
Meanwhile finely grate the lemon zest, putting a heaped teaspoon in a bowl with a splash of olive oil, the garlic and 2 squeezes of lemon juice.
Place the chicken in the bowl and coat both sides with the mixture. Leave to sit for 10 minutes to marinade.
Mix the broccoli, button mushrooms and red onion in a splash of olive oil and add into the oven with the sweet potato and courgette for 10 more minutes.
Heat a splash of oil in a frying pan and add the chicken and marinade juice. Cook gently for 8 minutes each side until cooked through.
Serve the chicken and vegetables together and enjoy.
Note: You can use salmon or pork in the place of the chicken. Ensure that they are cooked through before serving.