Lentil and Sweet Potato Curry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon medium curry powder or 1 tablespoon of thai green curry paste
- 50g red lentils
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 250ml water
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 200g can chopped tomatoes
- 200g can chickpeas, drained (omit from 30 day lean)
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and cook for a few mins until softened.
Add the curry powder or paste and cook for 1 min more, then stir in the lentils, sweet potatoes, and chopped tomatoes. Boil the water in the kettle and add to a jug with the stock cube. Stir until dissolved and add to the pan.
Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 20 mins until the lentils and sweet potatoes are tender. Add the chickpeas, then heat through. Serve on a plate and enjoy