- 3 tsp of organic butter or ghee
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 green chillies, seeded and chopped
- 1 tsp chopped fresh ginger
- 55g yellow or red lentils
- 1 1/2 pints of clean water
- 3 tbsp roasted garlic puree (paste) or 4 cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 200g tomatoes, peeled and diced
- A little lemon juice & fresh coriander leaves
- Celtic sea salt and black pepper
- Melt the butter or ghee in a pan, add onion, chillies and ginger and cook for 10mins until golden.
Stir in the lentils and water, bring to boil, reduce heat and part cover. Simmer, stirring occasionally for 50-60mins until it has a very thick, soup-like consistency.
Stir in the roast garlic puree or crushed garlic, cumin and ground coriander. Season with salt and pepper and cook for a further 10-15 mins uncovered, stirring frequently.
Stir in the tomatoes, adjusting the seasoning and adding lemon juice to taste. Freeze/refrigerate leftovers.