Lentil Ragu With Wholemeal Pasta
- 2 red onions, finely chopped
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 3 celery sticks, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- 5 sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 400g red lentils
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 litre of vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 600g wholemeal pasta
- In a large pan, fry the onion, celery, carrots and garlic in olive oil for 10 minutes until soft.
- Add the sundried tomatoes along with the oregano, salt and pepper and lentils, mix until well combined.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, stock and bay leaves to the pan. Mix and cover, allow to cook for 30-40 minutes until the lentils and vegetables are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta per the pack instructions, drain and rinse with hot water.
- Serve the pasta with the ragu and top with chopped parsley, enjoy!
This is a great vegan alternative to Bolognese and can easily be frozen for a quick dinner when you’re in a rush.