Marinated Tofu Skewers
This recipe is not suitable for the first part of the 30 Day Get Lean
For the kebabs:
- 6 metal or wooden skewers (if using wooden skewers soak in water for 15 minutes before us to prevent them from burning).
- 1 courgette, sliced
- 200g button mushrooms
- 300g pressed tofu, cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 red pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 tsp soy sauce (or gluten free soy sauce)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Carefully thread your vegetables and tofu onto the sticks. Place the kebabs on a plate
Mix the marinade ingredients together in a bowl and pour over the kebabs. Allow to stand for 1 hour. Go back to the kebabs every 15 minutes or so and using a spoon pour any marinade, which has dripped off on to the plate, back on to the kebab.
Place your kebabs on the barbeque for 10 minutes, turning from time to time and brushing with any remaining marinade left on the plate.