- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 30g halloumi, sliced
- ½ medium avocado
- 150g mince beef
- Half a cup of full fat greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Start off by heating half the oil in a pan and browning the mince, add the spices and some salt and pepper, leave to cook for around 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the mince is cooking, prepare the guacamole by mashing the avocado then adding in the remaining oil, salt and pepper, red onion and a squeeze of lime juice (optional).
- Dry fry the halloumi in a pan for a couple of minutes per side until golden brown, then dish up in a bowl with the mince, guacamole and greek yoghurt.
You could use any meat or even prawns here to mix it up, and you could always swap the halloumi for cheddar cheese if that’s what you prefer – with Mexican, anything goes!