Mini Peanut Butter and Apple Sandwich Recipe
- 140g oats
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds/linseeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil/coconut oil plus a little extra to coat the baking tray
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 medium apples
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
- 5 tablespoons of natural peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 150c.
Combine the first 3 ingredients in a bowl.
Combine the honey and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat just until sugar dissolves, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in the oil and vanilla.
Pour honey mixture over oat mixture, stirring to coat. Spread mixture in a thin layer onto a flat baking tray coated with oil. Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes, stirring well halfway through.
To assemble sandwiches, core each apple and cut into å_-inch slices (8 slices per apple). If you won‰۪t be eating these right away, brush the apples slices with lemon juice to keep them from turning brown. Spread two teaspoons of peanut butter on eight apple slices then sprinkle with the oat mixture.
Top with remaining apple slices, pressing down gently to make the sandwiches.