Monkfish Red Curry
- 1-2 monkfish fillets, diced into matchbox sized chucks
- 1 tin of organic coconut milk
- 1 tsp green/red curry paste (homemade or bought)
- 2 kaffir lime leaves- torn in quarters
- 1 tsp palm sugar
- 75g of additional greens such as broccoli, courgette, baby spinach etc
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- Extra hot green/red chilli (optional for extra spice)
- 1 handful of sweet basil leaves
- 1-3 Thai baby eggplant or normal eggplant cubed
- In a large pan, bring the coconut milk to the boil.
Reduce to simmer and add the curry paste and stir for 1 minute or until fragrant.
Add the monkfish and the rest of the coconut milk and vegetables (except for the spinach, palm sugar and fish sauce).
Simmer together for around 15 mins until vegetables soften.
Serve in a soup bowl with a handful of raw baby spinach to garnish.