Mushroom Toast with Poached Egg
- 1 red onion, sliced (omit for first part of 30 Day Get Lean)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp brown/coconut sugar (omit for 30 Day Get Lean)
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 slices of grilled sough dough bread (omit for 30 Day Get Lean)
- 2 eggs - crack each one separately into a bowl
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 4 mushrooms, sliced (omit for first part of 30 Day Get Lean)
- 1 handful of rocket
- 40g feta cheese, crumbled (omit for 30 Day Get Lean)
- Heat up the coconut oil in a frying pan over a low to medium heat and add the red onion.
- After the onion has been cooking for about 3-4 mins sprinkle over the coconut sugar and mix well. Stir the onions regularly to stop them from sticking and burning.
- Meanwhile add some water to a pan and bring to a simmer. Brush each slice of soughdough with the olive oil and place under the grill. Toast to your liking.
For the perfect poached egg stir the water until you form a mini whirlpool. Pour the eggs into the whirlpool and simmer gently for 3 mins until the whites are cooked and the yolks are just beginning to set, but still runny.
- Whilst the eggs are cooking add the balsamic vinegar, mushrooms, feta cheese and garlic to the onions. Remember to stir regularly.
- Once the egg is ready remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and dry on a place of a piece of kitchen roll.
- On each plate place a slice of soughdough and top with the onion and mushroom mixture, 1/2 a handful of rocket and lastly the poached egg.