Oat Crumb Fish and Large Salad
- 2 skinless white fish fillet (cod, haddock etc.).
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon of mustard.
- 4 heaped tablespoons of oat flakes.
- 1 tablespoon mixed dried herbs.
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil.
- 8 handfuls of lettuce
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- Lightly beat the egg and mustard.
Blitz the oat flakes in a blender for a few seconds to make a course powder and mix it with the dried herbs.
Gently heat oil in a frying pan, coat the fish in the egg then the oat flakes and fry for 3 minutes or so each side.
Mix all of cucumber, lettuce, tomato and pepper in a bowl.
Serve the salad and fish together.