Pea and Quinoa Risotto
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 250g quinoa
- 1 litre of vegetable stock (used with reduced salt stock cube)
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 150g frozen peas
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 tbsp chopped mint leaves
- 50g Parmesan or goat's cheese (optional)
- Add the olive oil to a large pan and cook the red onion over a medium heat for 4 minutes.
Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute
Add the quinoa and 1/3 of the vegetable stock (approx. 330ml). Simmer, stirring, until most of the liquid has been absorbed. Add the remaining stock a little at time. Stir regularly to stop the quinoa sticking.
Add the frozen peas, mint, tomatoes, lemon juice and zest and cook for 6 minutes.
Serve on a plate sprinkling the Parmesan or goat's cheese over the top.