Pesto and Spinach Baked Chicken
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- 1 chicken breast sliced in half lengthways to make a butterfly shape
- 3 slices of buffalo mozzarella (you will typically have to buy one ball and slice yourself)
- 3 slices of tomato
- 1 tbsp green or red pesto
- Green vegetables for steaming or green salad ingredients to make a side salad
- Preheat the oven to 220c.
Lay each chicken breast open on its own sheet of tin foil (enough to wrap around the chicken breast eventually).
Do the same for each chicken breast; layer one side of the meat with the sliced mozzarella, spinach and tomato.
Fold over the opposite chicken flap so that the filling is sandwiched between the two sides of the meat.
Smother the entire top of each chicken breast with 1 tbsp of pesto.
Wrap the tin foil around, pinching the edges to encase the breasts for even baking.
Fan bake in the oven for 20 mins at 220c allow to stand for 5 mins when removed from the oven before opening the foil.
Serve with a mound of steamed greens or a large leafy green side salad.