Pick 'n' Mix Lunch
- 1 carrot, grated or chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 5-6 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1 small handful of parsley
- 1 small handful of macadamia nuts
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- For some extra green, add some cooked broccoli, asparagus or green beans, steamed parsnips/turnips or boiled/grated beetroot.
- For added protein and really healthy fat, try adding some line caught tuna or oily fish such as mackerel.
- A boiled egg or some grilled chicken is also a great way of getting some whole protein in your meal.
- Fruits: Such as berries, melons & grapefruits.
- Nuts: Such as almonds or walnuts.
- Cheese: Full fat feta, mozzarella, blue cheese or brie.
- Meats: Chicken, beef, ham (cured), turkey, sardines, salmon, cod, halibut or snapper.
- Add any vegetable you can imagine. Experiment, experiment, experiment! Variety is the spice of life!
- Wash, chop, splash and enjoy.
Note: This recipe will serve 2, however, by adding whatever you have in the fridge, you could increase the portion size to 4 or more depending on how much you use.