- 35 g whey protein powder
- 100 ml milk/milk alternative
- 1 large egg
- 50 g porridge oats
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- Coconut oil
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp peanut butter (optional)
- Maple syrup (optional)
- Add the oats to a blender and blitz until it resembles a fine flour. Add the protein powder, baking powder, egg and milk to the blender too and blitz everything until you have a texture like pancake batter. Add in the dark chocolate chips.
- Heat a lightly oiled frying pan over medium high heat. Pour the mixture onto the pan, using approximately ¼ of the total mixture for each protein pancake.
- Tilt the pan in a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
- Cook the pancake for about 50 seconds until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a flexible spatula, flip over and cook the other side.
- Add to a plate and if using add to the top of the pancake 1 tbsp peanut butter and drizzle over some maple syrup.