Pumpkin and Prawn Curry
- 2 tbsp. olive oil/coconut oil
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2cm piece fresh root ginger, grated
- 1 fresh red chilli, deseeded and sliced or 4-5 pinches of dried chilli flakes (adjust to taste)
- 2 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 500 g. pumpkin, peeled and cut into chunks
- 400 ml tin coconut milk
- 350 ml hot fish stock
- grated zest and juice 1 lime
- 450 g. raw tiger prawns
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium and gently fry the spring onions for 3 minutes.
Add the garlic, ginger, chilli and spices, and cook for 1 minute.
Add the pumpkin and turn to coat in the spices.
Gradually stir in the coconut milk and stock.
Add the lime zest, then bring to the boil.
Simmer for 15 minutes until the pumpkin is just tender.
Add the prawns and cook for 4-5 minutes until they turn pink.
Stir in the lime juice and taste. Adjust the spice hotness to your taste. Serve in a bowl and enjoy.