- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- Half aubergine, sliced
- 1 small courgette, sliced
- Half red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 1 x 200g tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon basil, chopped
- A knob of butter
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoon milk or milk alternative
- 1 tomato, diced
- 30g feta cheese
- (if you do not like the vegetables above you can swap for any that you do like)
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the onions and aubergine and gently fry for 5 to 6 minutes until the aubergine and onion are starting to soften Add the courgette and pepper and continue to fry for another 5 minutes, turning the vegetables.
Add the garlic and fry for one minute. Add the tomatoes and season. Simmer for 10 minutes until the vegetables are just soft. Add the basil.
Melt the butter in a small omelette pan. Mix the eggs and milk together and season. Pour into the pan. Smooth the vegetables on top.
Cook on the hob over a medium heat until the edges are firm but the plate under a hot grill for about 4 minutes or until lightly golden and the middle is cooked. Slide onto a plate.