Red Lentil Bolognaise
- 40g red lentils
- 5 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 celery, diced
- 1/2 white onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and chopped
- 1/2 courgette, diced
- 2 pinches of basil (adjust to taste)
- Rinse the lentils in cold water.
Add the lentils to a saucepan and cover with plenty of cold water and bring to the boil.
Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the lentils are tender, but still holding their shape.
When done, blend half of the lentils until smooth and leave both sets aside.
In a pan, add garlic and onion until golden, then add the tomatoes.
In a separate pan, boil the rest of the vegetables, but make sure to leave them still slightly crunchy.
Mix both sets of lentils, vegetables, garlic and onion together in a bowl. Serve and enjoy!