Roasted Butternut Squash and Feta
- 1 x butternut squash
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 x garlic clove, crushed
- 1 x red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 x stems chard, thinly sliced
- 3tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1tbsp thyme leaves
- 50g feta, crumbled
- 2tbsp pine nuts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oven to 200°C.
- Cut the squash in half lengthways and scoop out the seeds and any fibrous bits. Using a sharp knife, score the flesh in a criss-cross at 1cm intervals. Brush with a little olive oil. Place on a baking tray and place in the oven and cook for 35 mins.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the garlic and onion and cook, for 5 mins.
- Add the chard and breadcrumbs to the frying pan and cook, for a further 3-4 mins or until the chard has softened. Stir regularly.
- Add in the thyme, feta and pine nuts. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the squash from the oven and fill the cavity of each with the mixture. Return to the oven and cook for a further 10-15 mins, or until tender.