Rye Bread Pizzas
- 2 pieces of rye bread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp tomato puree (or sliced tomatoes)
- Sliced buffalo mozzarella
- Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan and saut̩ the onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes.
Add the tomato puree or tomato slices and cook for 1 minute before removing from heat.
Toast the rye bread and spread the tomato, onion and garlic mix on top. At this point, you can add any topping of your choice such as; sweetcorn, pepper, mushroom, cherry tomatoes, extra garlic, herbs, feta.
Add the cheese on top and heat under a pre heated grill until cheese has melted.