Salmon Fish Cakes
- 170g can of wild caught salmon or 3 cooked salmon fillets, flaked
- 150g sweet potato, cooked and mashed
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 70g almond flour or wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp chopped dill
- 2 spring onions, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Zest from 1/2 lemon
- Coconut oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mixed salad leaves
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cucumber, sliced
- Preheat oven to 190*c or gas mark 5.
In a large mixing bowl add the mashed potato, drained salmon, dill, egg, flour, spring onions, paprika and lemon zest. Season with a little salt and pepper and mix well.
Divide the mix into 4 balls and shape into fishcakes (approx. 2 1/2 inches wide and about 1 inch thick). Leave in the fridge for 15 minutes.
On a non stick tray (or brush a normal tray with some coconut oil) add the fishcakes. Brush the tops of the cakes with coconut oil, then bake for 20 minutes.
Carefully turn each patty with a spatula and return to the oven. (Brush with more oil if needed.) Bake for an 10 minutes until golden brown and crisp.
Serve on a plate with mixed salad leaves, yellow pepper,cherry tomatoes and cucumber.