Sesame Chicken and Noodles
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 300g diced chicken breast
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 100ml chicken stock (made with low sodium stock)
- 11/2 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 100g peas and sweetcorn
- 150g egg noodles
- 1/2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Heat the oil in a wok and add the diced chicken breast. Cook for 6-7 minutes until the chicken has just about cooked through.
- Add the red pepper, spring onions, carrot and crushed garlic and cook for another 2-3 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Meanwhile cook the egg noodles in another saucepan according to the package instructions.
- In a small jug mix the chicken stock and cornflour together and add it to the wok. Add in the honey and soy sauce.
- Add in the frozen peas and sweetcorn and cook for another couple of minutes. Stir well. The sauce will thicken.
- Drain the noodles and add them to the wok mixing well with the chicken, vegetables and sauce.
- Serve immediately with a sprinkling of sesame seeds on top.