Sophie's Extreme Pumpkin Butternut Squash Chili Soup
- 1 butternut squash, deseeded, chopped and peeled
- 1 small pumpkin, deseeded, chopped and peeled
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- 4 mild chillies, deseeded and finely chopped (hold back some to serve)
- 3 pints of vegetable stock
- 8 tbsp greek yoghurt, plus extra to serve
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees.
In baking tray throw in half the oil, the butternut squash and pumpkin. Roast for 30 minutes. Turn them once.
When you have 7 minutes left of the butternut squash and pumpkin cooking heat the remaining oil in a pan over a low heat and add the chilli, onion, and garlic for 5 minutes (make sure you cover the pan).
Add the butternut squash, pumpkin, vegetable stock and greek yoghurt to the pan and using a hand blender whizz it up until a smooth consistency.
Reheat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Optional toppings: swirl of greek yoghurt, crushed cashew nuts, pomegranate, goats cheese, chopped chilli and basil.