Soy and Honey Chicken Skewers
- 3 chicken breast fillets, cubed
- 3 onions, cut into pieces
- 10 button mushrooms
- 2 red peppers, cut into pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3tbsp soy sauce (or gluten free soy sauce)
- 3tbsp honey
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 6 metal or wooden skewers (soak wooden skewers in cold water for 15 mins before use so they do not burn)
- In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients, cover with cling film and place in the fridge for at least one hour (leave overnight if you can to intensify the flavour).
Arrange alternate chicken and vegetable layers on the skewers.
Place on a barbecue and cook for 15 minutes, brushing with the marinade oil if required.
Check the chicken is cooked through with no pink showing before serving.