- 4 chicken thighs (can be with or without skin and bones), or 1 tin of organic chickpeas (if using dried chickpeas, soak 350ml over night in filtered water and use instead of tinned)
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2-1 tsp of chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- Requires slow cooker or casserole dish.
In a casserole dish or slow cooker combine tomatoes, onions, salt, cumin, turmeric, chilli powder, star anise and cinnamon stick. Mix together.
Add the chicken thighs or tin of organic chickpeas and push them into the mix, spooning the tomato mix over each so they are covered.
Cover with a lid and slow cook for 8 hours on low or bake in the oven at 175c for 90mins or until chicken is cooked through and tender.
You'll know chicken is cooked when it separates easily from the bone, or it simply flakes in half when pressed.
Stand for 10-15mins before serving with mixed steamed vegetables or a clean carb, if instructed on your meal plan.