Spiced Cranberry and Orange Jellies and Frosted Cranberries
- 1 level teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 stick cinnamon, broken into pieces
- 1 pint (570 ml) cranberry juice
- 2 oranges
- 1 x 135 g pack Rowntrees orange-flavoured jelly
- 3 oz (75 g) caster sugar
- 24 cranberries
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten with a fork
- 1 level tablespoon caster sugar
- First, using a potato peeler, pare off the outer zest of the oranges then squeeze them. Place the zest and juice in a saucepan with the spices, cranberry juice and sugar and bring everything just up to boiling point - this will take 4-5 minutes. .
Next place the cubes of jelly in a measuring jug. Strain the cranberry juice mixture through a sieve into a jug and stir until the cubes of jelly have dissolved.
Leave the mixture to cool a little before pouring it into glasses; now cover and leave them until completely cold. Then put them in the fridge to set overnight.