Spiced Vegetable Quinoa
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 red pepper seeded and diced
- 2 courgettes sliced
- 1 tin chickpeas
- 4 beefsteak tomatoes, skinned and sliced
- Pink salt and black pepper
- Fresh coriander
- 2 cups quinoa
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a large pan, add the onion and garlic, and cook until translucent. Stir in the tomato puree, turmeric, cayenne, coriander and cumin, stirring for 2 mins.
Add the cauliflower and red pepper with enough water to come halfway up the vegetables.
Bring to the boil, lower the heat, cover and simmer for 10 mins. Add the courgettes, the drained and rinsed chickpeas and tomatoes to the pan and cook for a further 10 mins.
Stir in the fresh coriander and season - keep warm ready to serve shortly.
To cook the quinoa, bring a pan full of water to the boil. Add the quinoa and stir. Allow to boil and cook for 10-12 mins or until the quinoa is soft.
Serve on plates topped with the curry mix and fresh coriander. (Serves 6-8 so share with the family or freeze/refrigerate leftovers).