Spicy Stuffed Sweet Potato
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 handful of parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 40g feta cheese, cut into cubes
- Preheat the oven to 180c
- Place the sweet potatoes on a baking tray, cut a few shallow slits into them with a knife and place into the oven to roast for approx 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl add the chickpeas, garlic, parsley, cumin, coriander, salt, pepper and paprika. Mix well.
- Once cooked remove the sweet potatoes from the oven (leave the oven on) and cut in half horizontally. Scoop out the sweet potato flesh, leaving approx 2cm of sweet potato attached to the skin.
- Mix the sweet potato flesh into the chickpea mixture. Ensure the mixture is mixed well.
- Take the mixture and spoon back into the sweet potato skins. Add the cubes of feta on top and place back into the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve.