Spicy Vegetable and Beef Casserole
- 10ml virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 carrot, thickly sliced
- 1 parsnip, thickly sliced
- 1/2 courgette, thickly chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 250ml of water
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 100g minced beef
- 1 tablespoon of Greek yogurt (omit from 30 day lean)
- Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the onion and garlic over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes until softened, stirring occasionally.
Tip in the potatoes, carrots and parsnips, turn up the heat and cook for 6-7 minutes, stirring, until the vegetables are golden.
Boil the water in a kettle and pour into a jug. Add the vegetable stock cube and mix until it is dissolved. Add the stock to the pan.
Stir in the curry powder and pour in the chopped tomatoes diluting with a little water if you prefer it less thick.
Add in the courgette and reduce the heat. Add the beef mince and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the vegetables are tender and the mince is cooked through.
Place on a plate and top with yogurt.