Steamed Asian Salmon
- 1 salmon fillet
- 1/2tbsp soy sauce, (or gluten free soy sauce)
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp natural honey
- 6 medium heads bok choy
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp finely grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- Marinade 1 salmon fillet in the soy sauce, 1 tsp rice wine vinegar or white wine vinegar, 1 tsp grated fresh ginger, 1 tsp sesame oil and 1 tsp honey. Leave to sit for 10-15 mins, minimum (all day in the fridge is better).
Place the salmon on a plate and place in a steamer basket. Pour a desired amount of the remaining marinade over the salmon, cover and steam for 5-10 mins until salmon easily pulls away from it's skin on the bottom.
Cut the bok choy into quarters vertically and place in a pot with sesame oil, ginger, salt and water.
Cover and cook over high heat until the bok choy is wilted and just tender but still vibrantly green (about 3-4 minutes).
Transfer to a plate. Serve with salmon on top. Garnish with chopped spring onion. Make sure you have plenty of other greens to fill you up during this meal.