Tangy Tiger Prawns
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and chopped into small bits
- 1 large, firm tomato, chopped into small pieces
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 green pepper cored, de-seeded and chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 fresh red chilli, de-seeded and chopped into small pieces
- 1 thin slice of fresh ginger (peeled)
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed with the blade of a knife (remove outer shell)
- 6 prawns (cooked or uncooked)
- 1 tsp (non MSG) soy sauce (or gluten free soy sauce)
- 1 spring onions thinly sliced lengthways and fresh coriander, optional for garnish
- Mix the cucumber and tomatoes together and put into a large serving bowl.
Heat the oils in a large wok or deep frying pan over a high heat, add the green pepper, chilli, ginger and garlic and stir briskly.
Add the prawns, if they are already cooked, they will only take 2 mins at a maximum heat. If uncooked they'll take 4 mins, you'll know when they are done because they turn from grey to pink all over.
Stir vigorously while cooking to ensure everything is fully coated in the oil and spices.
Arrange the prawns on top of the salad. Pour some of the remaining oil on top (optional) and garnish with spring onions and fresh coriander.
Not suitable for freezing, but you could refrigerate left overs for a couple of days.