Tangy Tofu Salad
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 1 large firm tomato, chopped into small pieces
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 11/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 green pepper cored, deseeded and chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 fresh red chilli, deseeded and chopped into small pieces
- 1 thin slice of fresh ginger (peeled)
- 1 small clove garlic, flattened with the blade of a knife
- 1 tsp (non MSG) soy sauce
- 1 spring onions thinly sliced lengthways and fresh coriander optional for garnish
- Note: The Featured image shows the Tangy Prawn version of this dish and not the tofu version!
Mix the cucumber and tomatoes together and put into a large serving bowl.
Heat the oils in a large wok or deep frying pan over a high heat, add the green pepper, chilli, ginger and garlic and stir briskly.
Add the tofu.
Stir vigorously while cooking to ensure everything is fully coated in the oil and spices.
Arrange the tofu on top of the salad. Pour some of the remaining oil on top (optional) and garnish with spring onions and fresh coriander.
Not suitable for freezing, but you could refrigerate left overs for a couple of days.