Tarragon Turkey Burgers
- 450g minced turkey breast
- Olive oil/organic butter
- 55g grated courgette
- 30g chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp of fresh or dried tarragon leaves
- 1cm thick round slices of butternut squash (1 per patty)
- Organic cranberry sauce (omit from 30 day lean)
- 1cm thick round slices of aubergine
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp vegetable seasoning (e.g. Oxo cube)
- Celtic sea salt
- 3 grinds of black pepper
- 2 large free-range/organic eggs
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
In a saucepan of boiling water, blanch the aubergine slices for up to 1 minute. Remove from water, lay on a baking tray (greased with organic butter or baking paper).
Brush both sides with olive oil generously and season with Celtic sea salt and pepper.
Bake in the oven until soft and brown, for around 10-15minutes, turning half way. In a mixing bowl, combine turkey mince with courgette, onion, tarragon, mustard, seasoning (or salt) and eggs.
Shape into patties and grill in the oven (once aubergine has been removed) until cooked.
Steam the squash slices until soft all the way through- do not allow them to go soggy, as they need to keep their form.
Stack from the bottom up: First squash, then aubergine followed by the burger and cranberry sauce, serve with a generous serving of salad, including lots of leaves.
Freeze or refrigerate leftovers.