Tasty Turkey Chilli
- 400g turkey mince (swap for vegan quorn mince to make vegetarian/vegan)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 400g tin of red kidney beans
- 1 x 198-200g tin of sweetcorn
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 150g brown rice
- Sprinkle of coriander (optional)
Cooking Directions - Slow Cooker Recipe
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over a medium heat. Cook the mince in a pan until the outside colour changes (turkey mince does not always 'brown'). Add to the slow cooker
- In the pan, cook the onion, garlic and pepper to soften and add them in the slow cooker.
- Add the rest of the ingredients apart from the rice and stir well.
- Cook on for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Cook the rice as per the packet instructions and serve with the chilli.
This can be frozen (without the rice) - freeze the cooked and cooled chilli without the rice in labelled and dated freezer bags for up to 3 months. Defrost in the fridge overnight and reheat thoroughly in the microwave or a large saucepan over a medium heat, stirring gently, until piping hot.