Fish and Leafy Green Vegetables
- 2 trout fillets or any white fish fillets (your choice)
- 1cm knob of ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 small chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- Juice and grated zest of 1 lime
- 3 baby bok choy quartered lengthways or 2 normal sized boy choy, sliced
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce (or gluten free soy sauce)
- Extra steamed vegetables: broccoli, leeks, courgettes to fill 1/2 of your plate
- Lay the fillets side by side on a large square of foil and scatter the ginger, garlic, chilli and lime zest over them.
Then, drizzle the lime juice on top and scatter bok choy around and on top of the fish.
Pour the soy sauce over the top and loosely seal the foil to make a parcel, making sure you leave space at the top for the steam to circulate as the fish cooks but no liquid should be allowed to leak out of the parcel.
Steam for 15 minutes. If you haven't got a steamer, put the parcel on a heatproof plate over a pan of gently simmering water, cover with a lid and steam.
Serve with additional steamed vegetables. Use the juice of the cooked fish from the parcel to flavour the other vegetables upon serving.