- 1/2 carton/packet of tofu firm (approx 200g)
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 100g (4 oz) tinned or frozen sweetcorn
- 1 (400g) tin kidney beans (omit from 30 day lean)
- 1 (400g) tin chopped tomatoes
- 1L water
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl, crumble the tofu and toss with the chilli powder and garlic.
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, and saut̩ onion and celery until tender. Stir in the tofu mixture. Continue cooking about 5 minutes over low heat.
Mix in the sweetcorn, kidney beans and tomatoes. Add water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, season with salt and pepper and simmer about 50 minutes.