Tomatoey tuna pasta bake (serves 4)
- 300g whole-wheat pasta
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 courgette, chopped/diced or spiralised
- 1 cup sweetcorn
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin of tuna, drained
- Salt and pepper
- Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 50g grated cheddar cheese (optional)
- Cook the pasta as per the instructions on the packet, then drain the water and return the pasta to the pan
- Add the pepper, courgette, sweetcorn, chopped tomatoes, tuna, garlic, seasoning and most of the parsley to the pan and mix together
- Pour into an ovenproof dish and top with the cheese (if using) and remainder of the parsley
- Bake in a 180 degree oven for 15-20 minutes until the top is golden brown, then serve with extra vegetables of choice!
This recipe proves that you can make a super quick and delicious dinner for the family in no time at all. You can use any vegetables you have to hand, and also take out the tuna if you want a veggie option – but I think this combination works perfectly. I also think this makes a great lunch on the go, just wait for it to cool then store in Tupperware in the fridge or freezer!