Turkey and Chickpea Curry
- 1 tin of chickpeas (drained, rinsed and cooked in boiling water for 1 hour prior to making this dish)
- 500g turkey scallions/ breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 pinch of saffron
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 - 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 pinch Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 cup of buckwheat
- Mixed green veg such as broccoli, courgettes and/or green beans (no limit)
- In a casserole dish, combine all ingredients (except buckwheat and green vegetables), mix well, ensuring the turkey and chickpeas are fully covered in liquid.
Cook for 30-35mins in a pre-heated oven (180c)
Cook buckwheat in boiling water for 10-15mins until soft. Drain and rinse in boiling water.
Steam vegetables for 10mins in a steamer.
Serve curry on top on buckwheat and veg or a salad on the side.