Vegan Bean Soup with Pesto
- 5 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 tin of diced tomatoes
- 1 small tin of sweet corn
- 1 tin of chickpeas, drained
- 1 tin of cannellini beans, drained
- 1 tin of kidney beans, drained
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, chopped
- 1 handful of flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 red chili, sliced (optional)
- 470ml of water
- Salt and pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, red pepper and carrots and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
Stir in the tomatoes, water, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and bring to a boil.
Add the sweet corn, chickpeas, cannellini and kidney beans and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
Combine the garlic, pine nuts, parsley, remaining 4 tablespoons of oil, å_ teaspoon salt, and å_ teaspoon pepper in a small bowl.
Divide the chili among individual bowls and top with the pesto and sliced red chilli.