Vegetable and Ricotta Frittata
- 1 tbsp of organic butter or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 450g mushrooms or bell peppers (sliced)
- 4 cups chopped broccoli, cauliflower, courgette, artichoke hearts, asparagus, spinach or other dark leafy greens
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp of fresh marjoram
- 8 medium, free range/organic eggs
- 2 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- Heat oil (or organic butter) in a large pan over medium heat. Add onions and mushrooms, stirring until onions are translucent (1-2mins).
Add chopped vegetables and marjoram. Stir/saut̩ until vegetables soften, then reduce the heat low - medium.
Break all eggs into a medium sized mixing bowl. Add mustard and pepper; use a fork to break up yolks so mixture looks marbleized (not fully beaten). Pour over vegetables in the pan.
Add random dollops of ricotta cheese, then season with pink Himalayan salt.
Cook until the egg starts to set, then finish off placing the pan under the grill (handle facing out of the oven door so it doesn't melt!) if the top of the egg needs cooking.
Alternatively, this can be done in a quiche dish, transfer all cooked ingredients into the dish before pouring over the egg mixture.
Cook in the oven at 180C for 10-15 mins or until the egg is just cooked.
This makes enough for 4-6 servings so share with the family or freeze/refrigerate leftovers.