Veggie Chili with Brown Rice or Quinoa
- 1 small/medium butternut squash or 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 medium cauliflower
- Pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- 1 tbsp organic butter (not margarine)
- 2 white fish fillets of haddock (smoked)
- 2 salmon fillets
- 2-3 handfuls peeled prawns
- 1 bag of spinach
- 1 bag of kale
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- Small handful of coriander
- Small handful of Parsley
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp of turmeric
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper (to your preference of heat!)
Mash Cooking Directions
- Peel and dice butternut squash/sweet potatoes and cauliflower
Boil until very soft and mash with organic butter and parsley (season with salt and pepper to taste).
Filling Cooking Directions
- Steam the fish fillets for 7-10 minutes.
Put cumin, spinach and kale in a pan on a low heat, with a splash of water and stir regularly.
Once the leaves are partly wilted, add the rest of the ingredients (except for the mash) and mix together thoroughly.
Add the filling to the pan and add the mash to the top.
Put in the oven on 180c for 10-20 minutes.
Optional: Cook some carrots, peas, leeks etc for extra veg on the side or serve with a leafy, green salad.