Warm Chicken and Buckwheat Salad
- 2-3 chicken breasts, diced
- 1 courgette, grated
- 3 gloved of garlic, sliced
- 1 dozen mushrooms, sliced
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, diced
- 4 heaped tsp green pesto (from a jar is okay)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach leaves, plus some more to serve it with
- 200g of cooked buckwheat
- Cook the buckwheat in boiling water for about 10-15mins, drain and set aside.
Add the olive oil to a pan and fry the garlic and onion until soft.
Add the chicken and shallow fry until cooked then mushrooms and tomatoes.
Just before serving add the pesto, stir through until everything has a pesto covering, then stir in the raw spinach, grated courgette and cooked buckwheat.
Toss all together and serve with an additional side salad to get a real nutrient hit. Refrigerate leftovers for an easy meal later.