Warm Vegetable and Buckwheat Salad
- 300g of vegetables of your choice
- 1 courgette, grated
- 3 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1 dozen small mushrooms, sliced
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, diced
- 4 heaped tsp green pesto (from a jar is fine)
- Organic butter
- 2 handfuls baby spinach leaves, plus more to serve
- 200g of cooked buckwheat
- 2-3 tbsp pesto
- Optional: 55g organic feta cheese
- Cook the buckwheat in boiling water for about 10-15mins, drain and set aside.
Pan fry the garlic and onion until soft, add water if it's sticking (not more butter).
Add mushrooms and tomatoes.
Just before serving, add the pesto, stir through until everything has a pesto covering, then stir in the raw spinach, grated courgette and cooked buckwheat.
Toss all together and serve with an additional side salad to get a real nutrient hit.
For added protein, add 55g of organic feta upon serving.